If you love Green Bean Casserole, then this meal is for you . . . oh, yeah, and it only took 25 minutes to make it, well real cook time anyway. Simple and easy; my favorite kind of meal!
This was sooooooo good that I ate it for dinner the night I made it, lunch the next day and dinner too! Seriously yummy stuff!
- 2 (13 oz) cans of all natural chicken breast in water
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup*
- 2 (15 oz) cans of baby peas
- 2 (6 oz) containers of French’s fried onions
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- a sprinkle of Adobo
Make your white rice.
Stove method: Using 4 cups of water, heat to a boil, then add your 2 cups of dry rice, stir and reduce heat to the lowest setting. This will take about 20-25 to cook. When he rice is done, fluff your rice with a fork.
Instant Pot method: add 4 cups of water to your instant pot, then add your 2 1/2 cups rice, stir. Close and lock your lid. Push the “rice” button on your instant pot. When the instant pot is done, release the steam. When you open the instant pot, fluff your rice with a fork.
About half way through your rice cooking time, preheat your oven to 425℉.
In a 9×13 oven safe baking dish empty your cream of mushroom soup cans. Add your chicken, Do Not Drain the canned chicken, use the canned water to thin out the cream of mushroom soup. Drain the water off first, then add your cans of peas. Mix these ingredients until the soup is thinned out. Add in one container of French’s fried onions, mix well. Check the rice, if it is almost cooked, then scoop it out of the pot and put it into your casserole dish. Mix this well. Salt, pepper and sprinkle your Adobo, mix well again. Flatten out the mixture and then cover the top with the other container of French’s fried onions.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through and the onions on top start to brown. Serve with your favorite bread and enjoy!
In His Grace,
* you can make your own cream of mushroom soup for a healthier alternative.
Here’s how to make homemade cream soup (you just add your mushrooms to this cream base):
Ingredients for cream soup
- add a half stick (4 tablespoons) of butter to a sauce pan
- once the butter melts sprinkle in a tablespoon of while flour (use all purpose flour for best results)
- quickly whisk the flour and butter together
- once the flour and butter are blended it will look thick and clumpy
- begin to pour in your milk in small quantities while continue to whisk rapidly
- you must whisk constantly to break up the clumps – if it is too dry, add more milk
- continue to add milk in small quantities until you have reached a thick creamy consistency
- to properly thicken the cream base, you must bring it to a boil – reduce heat again to add final ingredients
- once the cream base looks and tastes like cream soup, add in your desired salt and pepper to taste
- drain your can(s) of mushrooms and stir them into the cream soup
- now you can add this into your 9×13 pan to complete your meal