Week 3 of 52 Weeks of Thankful Thursday
The Letter C for Care
I am thankful for so many things and today I am thankful for what the word care means.
1.a state of mind in which one is troubled; worry, anxiety, or concern: He was never free from care.
2. a cause or object of worry, anxiety, concern, etc.: Their son has always been a great care to them.
3. serious attention; solicitude; heed; caution: She devotes great care to her work.
4. protection; charge: He is under the care of a doctor.
5. temporary keeping, as for the benefit of or until claimed by the owner: He left his valuables
in the care of friends. Address my mail in care of the American Embassy.
6. grief; suffering; sorrow.
verb (used without object), cared, car·ing.
7. to be concerned or solicitous; have thought or regard.
8. to be concerned or have a special preference (usually used in negative constructions): I don’t care
if I do.
9. to make provision or look out (usually followed by for ): Will you care for the children
while I am away?
10. to have an inclination, liking, fondness, or affection (usually followed by for ): Would you care for dessert? I don’t care for him very much.
verb (used with object), cared, car·ing.
11. to feel concern about: He doesn’t care what others say.
12. to wish; desire; like: Would you care to dance?
The definitions are numerous as you can see as from dictionary.com.
With so many meanings for one small four letter word I am almost overwhelmed with what this word means to me.
For me the action (verb) of the word means the most to me…
I care for my children, I have a special preference for them.
I care for my husband, I have a particular affection for him…yea, I like him a little.
I care, or feel concern for others when something hurtful is said to them or about them.
I care, or desire to do good for my family.
I care, or wish to see no harm come to those that I love.
I care, or have great sorrow for the afflicted in the world.
I care, or have great regard for the health and wellness of myself and my family.
I care, or have great concern for what my Heavenly Father thinks of me and my actions.
With so many ways to use this word, I think that today I will put more effort into actually making sure that I care more about life around me.
In His Grace.
Would you like to have all posts sent to you via email?