Apple Core Cookie Pops are a delightful way to ring in the new (HOME) school year. You can work on these together as a family or have them prepared for your kiddos as they come home from school.
As cute as these are, these apple core cookie pops would also be perfect for a Back to School Party! Whip these up and you will surely be the hit of the gathering. Super easy (my FAVORITE kind of recipe) and absolutely adorable cookie pops for your favorite back to schooler!
Ingredients and needed items:
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Wilton white, red, light cocoa and light green candy melts (green should be new bags the wafers are smaller to use for leaves)
- Green lollipop sticks
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of the white, 2 cups of red and 1/4 cup of brown candy melts in separate microwave safe bowls on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Carefully open an Nutter Butter, add a dollop of melted white chocolate and gently press a green lollipop stick onto the frosting side of the Nutter butter so the stick sticks out the top about 1/2″ and carefully place the Nutter Butters back together.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking pan and transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Hold the lollipop sticks over the melted white chocolate and coat the center with the melted white chocolate, let any excess drip off and set back onto the parchment paper and into the freezer for another 5 minutes.
- Hold onto the lollipop stick over the red chocolate and coat the top and bottom of the Nutter Butter with red chocolate, let any excess drip off and place onto a piece of parchment paper and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Break a small green candy melt in half, smooth the edges with your finger and place on top of the Nutter Butter by the “stem” or green lollipop stick.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup of your light cocoa candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the end of the bag.
- Use your decorating bag of light cocoa candy melts to draw 4 tiny seeds onto the white center of the apple.
- Let harden and enjoy!
Did you enjoy how simple this treat was to make? If so, make sure to visit again soon to see what other easy, no-bake treats I have to share!
In His Grace,