Cracked Egg Cupcakes
These cracked egg cupcakes are sure to win you some praise this spring. How absolutely adorable are these cupcakes y’all? With a little bit of time you will have these cracked egg cupcakes ready for any party or event this spring.
Then all you will need to do is wait for the comments to begin. Because you know that someone is going to ask about them. And they should, because these cupcakes are so stinkin’ cute!
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes
- 1 Cup Wilton’s White Chocolate Melting Discs
- ½ Cup Each of Wilton’s Pink, Purple, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange Chocolate Melting Discs.
- White Frosting
- Jelly Beans
- Green Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Silicone Easter Egg Mold
- Melt each color of chocolate (except the white) in small bowls according to package directions. Place each color of chocolate in a snack size baggie and snip the corner off just a tiny bit. Pipe any colors you would like on the dots and zig-zag parts of the mold. Let dry completely.
- In a medium bowl, melt the white chocolate melting discs according package directions. Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate into the mold and spread with a spoon to cover the egg. You do not want a solid egg, so make sure to spread it somewhat thin but not too thin. Let dry completely then carefully pop out of mold.
- Color the frosting with 3-4 drops of the green food coloring. Frost each cupcake with a knife or piping bag. Sprinkle the frosting with green sugar.
- Take one egg and carefully cut it in half. The easy way is to lay it decorative side down and place the sharp end of knife directly in the middle of egg and push down. The egg should just break in half on its own. Leave some whole if you choose.
- Place the two halves on top of the cupcake and fill the middle with jelly beans. If you left a few whole, then stand those on top of each cupcake.
Enjoy your cute little cracked eggs with candy!
I’d love to hear how they turn out for you, so if you want, tag me on Instagram @MamasCoffeeShop and use #MamasCoffeeShopBakery – enjoy!
In His Grace,