Have your kids picked up reading a lot more in the last few weeks? I know mine sure have. Here is a very simple and easy craft that they can whip up rather quickly on their own or with little assistance.
- Ribbon, cut to 16”-18” in length
- Small Hair Elastic Bands
- Embroidery Thread
- Sewing Needle
1. Thread the needle with embroidery thread and tie a knot at the end.
2. Select a hair band, and slide the end of the ribbon through it and fold it over.
3. Take the threaded needle and sew 2-3 tiny stitches so the hair band is secure in the loop.
4. At the other end of the ribbon, sew the button on securely.
5. Now grab the book you are reading, open to the page you’re on, and wrap the ribbon around it so the button and hair band is on the cover. Just loop the hair band around the button and your page is marked until you start reading again!
6. Happy Reading!
In His Grace,