I have never picked a Word for the Year before, but this time around I have had one word rattling around inside my head.
Determined – adjective [a word which describes a noun (a person, place, thing, or idea)]
- resolute; staunch
- decided; settled; resolved
Often I think that I need to make New Year’s resolutions, because, well, it’s what people do. But then I am ultimately setting myself up for failure and since I over think EVERYTHING, I tend to not make the resolutions at all.
Yep, Big. Fat. Failure.
Well, no more.
I have determined that this year will be different. That God is whispering this word to my heart and that He will help me.
There are so many things that I would like to see through to fruition. But here are just a few of the things that I have determined that with God’s help and guidance will get accomplished this year.
- I will spend more time in God’s Word. I will make myself accountable to others in this regard.
- I will pray HARD over my marriage, and work diligently on creating a stronger bond between my husband and myself. What God joined together, no man shall separate.
- I will be the mama I always wanted when I was little and what I needed as a teenager.
- I will get healthy again. I will lose weight and I will be more active with my kids. Not for the vanity of the weight lose (okay, maybe a teeny bit) but ultimately for my health so that I may live long and do all of the good works that the Lord has set before me.
- I will further grow this blog to be more than I hope and with God’s guidance I believe it can be a great encouragement for others.
- I will be the coolest homeschool mama ever. (Okay this one may be out of my depth, but hey, I can hope, right?!)
I have a few Bible verses that go along with why I believe that determined is MY word for this year.
— Seek the Lord, and His strength: Seek His face forever. Psalm 105:4
— Delight yourself in the Lord: and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
— Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
— And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
As with anything that you set your mind to, and place in the God’s hands, most assuredly gets flagged by the devil. So, that being truth (at least in my eyes), I am sure that there will be major hurdles as I make this a Determined year.
Journey with me as I delve deep into the Word and place all of the above hopes and ideas at His feet. I know for sure that it will be a bumpy ride, so I will strengthen my grip on Jesus’s robe and keep reaching for the throne.
Stick around, I pray for great things to come from this new place that God has set my heart.
In His Grace.