New Year’s Party Poppers
This year feels like to came in like a hurricane and blew out just as quickly. Seriously. Where did this year even go? I know I accomplished some things but honestly, I’m thinking I didn’t do much other than survive. You know what I mean?
In the middle of the crazy the family and I are all feeling under the weather this year. But I still wanted to make some sort of something fun for the kids to ring in the New Year.
You know me, simple and easy and I bet you have some, if not all, of these items in your house.
- 4 Empty Toilet Paper Tubes
- Tissue Paper—4 assorted colors
- Gift Wrap Ribbon—gold and silver
- Round Metallic Confetti
- Cut tiny squares of tissue paper of each color. I cut about ½ inch strips, piled them on top each other, and then cut tiny squares from them. Cut as much as you would like depending on how full you want to fill your tubes.
- Cut 3 squares of each color about 10×10, and keep each color in its stack of 3.
- Cut a tube in half (This will allow the person to break it open easier later on) and lay both halves together in the middle of one of the color stacks. Repeat this for the other 3 tubes.
- Roll the paper tightly around the tube so the paper is the same length on each end of the tube.
- Take a piece of ribbon about 12 inches long and tie it around the paper at one end of the tube so it is closed. Knot the ribbon and curl each end with scissors.
- Fill the tubes about halfway with some metallic confetti and some of the little square confetti you cut.
- Take another piece of ribbon and tie it around the paper at the other end of the tube so it is closed. Knot it and curl each end with scissors.
- Hand out on New Year’s Eve and pull open the poppers and let the confetti fall out when midnight strikes!
See? Totally simple and I bet y’all will have some giggles as you pop your poppers at midnight. Happy New Year sweet friend. May God continue to bless and keep you in the new year.
In His Grace,