Mornings can be hectic, so this make-ahead recipe means one less thing you need to do before you start your day. As an added bonus, this healthy and delicious overnight breakfast recipe will have your house smelling like freshly baked apple pie when you wake up in the morning. And who doesn’t want to wake up to something like that?!
Best recipe so far for these Overnight Steel Cut Apple Cinnamon Oats, you won’t regret it!
Overnight Steel Cut Apple Cinnamon Oats
- crock pot
- 1 c. steel cut oats
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. fresh apple cider
- 2 medium apples cored and diced
- 1½ T. honey preferably local
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. ground allspice
- ½ t. salt to taste
- Add oats, water, cider, apples, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt to greased or lined slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Actual cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker, so check for doneness after 5 hours and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- To serve, allow to cool slightly before spooning into bowls and topping with fresh chopped apples, pecans, and some real maple syrup, if desired.