America. “Land of the Free and Home of the Brave”. “Land that I Love”. “God Bless America”.
All incredibly important phrases that are used to describe our great country as well as express our patriotism. Which is exactly why I was honored to review Anthem for a Nation ($19.95), a DVD from New Liberty Videos.
3,000 miles from one shining sea to the other.
One of the oldest and strongest Constitutional Republics.
I so enjoyed watching this DVD. It was a beautiful and well made video. The images of our great land were breathtaking to see. The video showed oceans, mountains, plains, and forests, so much that makes up the greatest country in the world.
But the beautiful scenery was only a portion was what was shown in this 42 minute video. This video has been rated for general audiences, please use your own discretion.
A well written history lesson unfolded before me and I learned things about our country that I never even knew. Important facts that, well, to be honest, left me in a semi shocked state.
Anthem for a Nation is full of facts. Which I enjoy when I am watching a video documentary.
Here are a few amazing facts I picked up:
- In the 1800’s, well over 32 million immigrants made their way to our great land. And, out of those, 16 million of them made their way through Ellis Island in New York. It was like a modern day Plymouth Rock.
- 94% of the ideas written into the Constitution of the United States of America are Biblically based.
- 1 Peter 2:14
- 1 Timothy 2:2
- Romans 13:4
- 2 Corinthians 3:17
- 1963 the Supreme Court ruled that Bible reading is no longer allowed in public schools (Abington School District v. Schempp) – I did not know when this case took place
- 1961 the Supreme Court Justice Black indicates that Humanism is a religion in his notes of the case, Torcaso v. Watkins – I did not know that Humanism was even a religion
- 1973 the Supreme Court ruled that a woman has a right to abort a baby well into her pregnancy (up until the 24 week point) in the case, Roe v. Wade – I did not know that the original ruling was due to a woman that wanted to abort her third child
What makes our country great is the fact that the original settlers made a point of honoring God in everything that they did. My statement is a reflection of the fact that most of the people that made their way to America did so because they were running away from governments that were persecuting them for their religion. The thankful attitudes of our American ancestors is what has made our country so great.
French Philosopher Alexis Tocqueville said, “America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, then America will cease to be great.”
I think that he hit the nail on the head with that statement.
According to the video, it is due to the fact that God has been banished from our schools. Most people would agree that the best way to destroy a country is to “get to the young children and teach them what you want them to know”. What better way to do that, then to remove one of the most read books (up until the 1960’s) in school?
This Anthem for a Nation DVD gives statistics of death tolls from the beginning of this amazing country through today. The number of lives lost in the struggle for American life and freedoms is staggering and heartbreaking.
I feel that the depth of this video and the incredible amount of detail about the United States of America makes this a history lesson to be used over and over again. This video is loaded with beautiful imagery, facts of how our nation was founded and at what point in our nation’s history when things began to decline. The main focus of this documentary is that we as a nation need to rely more on God than we ourselves. I for one agree.
“America, you are too young to die”.
A short 2 minute clip can been seen here:
This is but one video from New Liberty Videos, so visit my fellow Crew members and see what videos they got and what they thought of them!
I hope you enjoyed our latest review and I look forward to sharing again soon!
In His Grace.
Would you like to have all posts sent to you via email?